Thursday 3 January 2013

Photo splurge

I bought some batteries on the way home from work so I could take some photos of the Mazda R360 and some other models.

Here is the little Mazda so far:



I was in two minds about the chrome trim above the windscreen and doors as most photos show this in the same colour as the rest of the car... but there is evidence to support what I've done: the offiicial brochure for the car has photos of a car in the same scheme as mine:


Still need to add the headlights, decals and then do the interior, as mentioned in my last post.

As I said my next car will be the 1980s MRRC reissue of the Airfix Mini.  I decided to build mine as the Morris Mini Minor... the kit giving you optional grilles and badges for the Morris Mini Minor, Austin Seven and the Mini Cooper.
The kit isn't exactly as Airfix issued it... MRRC replaced the original multi-part glazing with a single part which is slightly over-thick.  The headlights have also been replaced by chrome parts... why I have no idea.  I'll be giving it headlights from Kotobukiya mecha lenses and new rims.

The car is built up into sub-assembles ready for painting ( a nice light blue), and I have added bare metal foil to the grille.





Next up my version of a typical Japanese shopping bike.  I took a Tamiya WW2 German bicycle, dumped the original owner and added brass details to the wheels and mudguards.  The basket on the front was fashioned from Kotobukiya mesh formed round an old rubber.
The spoked wheels are fiddly and fragile... the rear wheel spokes appear to be warped, but it's just where the superglue was missed.
I still need to add a second angled bar to the frame, parallel with the existing frame.





Finally the first of my two Diopark Honda Super Cub light motorcycles.  I cocked up the positioning of the rear wheel inserts... I can disguise this with panniers or something draped over the back.
It's a beautiful little model, but it really is overly complex for something of this size.




More updates soon ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment