Tuesday 29 January 2013

Nearly there!

Much to my own surprise I find that I'm heading towards the completion of this diorama... Once I had laid down the base colours I knew that the end was approaching.

I have painted and weathered the groundwork and fence, then added MiG weathering powders to blend everything in together.  The plants were next and these came from Orion Models, a little model shop near the Hotel Villa Fontaine Ueno in Tokyo (run by pro-modeller Hiroyuki Nakada and his Russian wife and daughter).  The plants, being real, add a lot to the diorama, something that twigs with sponge on couldn't.

This is the diorama as it stands just now.



I still need to finish off the telephone pole, ladder and small bucket.  Paint the bicycle and finish off the Mazda's interior (seats and door panels).  I also need to add some fine sand in between the paving slabs in the garden on the reverse of the fence, add the  character to the letter box, add door handles to the gate and add rust to the hinges. The base itself needs a black edging.

Here the pole and ladder are just 'resting' on the base.





Here is the bike resting for effect...


This shows the name-plate above the letter box.  It is the name 'KOJIMA', a name I know well.


This is a 1950s poster.


This is to show the scale of the base with a human being...



Finally, with the car just plonked onto the road for scale... the camera darkened the photo when the flash bounced from the off-white body of the Mazda.


Next photos should be of the completed base... then I can finish off the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment