Thursday 10 January 2013

Photo update

Here is the way the Mazda R360 looks so far...








As I mentioned, I still have to paint the interior, some of the underside details and add the chrome to the hubcaps... oh, and the headlights, windscreen wipers and wing mirror still need to be attached.


This is how the Mini looks with the new headlight bezels.  I think I need to make them even thinner, but at least they are the correct diameter and will work well with spare Publica headlights.




The more I work on the Mini the more I like it... and may get one of the Tamiya 1/24 scale ones.

Despite being around 50 years older than Airfix's current 1/32 Mini model (the Cooper S), I'm enjoying it more than newer model.  Yes it's state of the art, near flawless fit, packed with detail (although the tyres leave a LOT to be desired), but it's a boring assembly job.  Older kits need more work... which gives me the opportunity to exercise my modelling and problem-solving skills.


Finally a couple of diorama models.
Firstly this is the Arii Japanese post box.  I roughed the surface up with a round grinding bit in a hobby power tool to represent concrete for the base and cast steel for the box itself.
I painted it with Humbrol red enamel, added a darker wash, drybrushed with the same red, then added some MiG weathering powders.  The text in the circular panel was scraped with the back of a hobby knife to expose the bare plastic, while the sign on the door was a supplied decal (this coming from one of the Arii car + diorama kits rather than the older diorama-only kits).
I still have to paint the concrete base.




Finally a photographer.  This is a near-stock figure from the Masterbox 1/35 boxing figures set (Friendly boxing match between British and American Paratroopers WW2).  I swapped the head with another figure and added a longer lens to the camera from the Diopark Honda Super Cub.


More updates as work progresses ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment