Monday 14 January 2013

Minor update

I didn't do as much at the weekend as I hoped I would.
I painted the basic interior colour for the R360.  Now I need to add the dark red to the seats, carpet, ceiling and door panels.  The body was a snap compared to this.

The Mini has had the wing mirrors removed.  The more I looked at it the more they looked... wrong.  I'll have to check the photos again, but there was something which looked strange about the whole thing.  I also sanded down the light bezels a little more.  They look right now.

I was also roughing out the layouts for the first two mini-dioramas - for the Mazda and the Mini.  I can keep them small, yet also keep some interesting stuff in there.  The Mazda will feature a back street in the mid '60s, while the Mini will feature a couple of girls at a camp site some time in the '60s... the girls being repainted Preiser figure in 1/32 scale.  The tent will be a Tamiya or Italeri one, while the clothing on a makeshift washing line will be from a CMK Russian set of female soldiers (bras, panties, etc...).
The Mazda's base will be decorated with the post box and wooden fence from Arii, while an Arii street lamp and shade are fitted to a better Italeri telegraph pole.
The bases for these two cars will be A5 size (21cm x 16cm).  They are small models so this is a decent size.

Hope to have a more visible update soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment