Thursday 10 November 2011

Random stuff...

We went to the Saitama Railway Museum today and saw a lot of trains... obviously, including the type featured towards the end of "Always Sunset on Third Street 2", but lurking in a glass case was this diorama featuring a large station.
I think it was to 1/32 but I can't be sure.  The cars certainly looked like Arii and Gunze Sangyo kits.




I really hope that these aren't the only 50s and 60s cars I get to photograph this year T_T

May 2009 and I DID get to photograph these from the Edo Museum in Tokyo... I actually forgot about these photos:

This is of course a Subaru 360, which, like the Arii kit is a later version of the car.







This is a Datsun pick-up but I don't know the model name/number.







In May 2010 while staying in Ueno for three weeks  I saw this relic from the past, certainly a Showa era building and probably abandoned.  It's just down from the covered Satake Dori shopping centre:





It would be fun to try and build a version of this in 1/32 for a background model.  I can only guess at how long it's been left like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment