Tuesday 15 November 2011

Almost a success

Today I decided to wander around Minami Nagareyama and the surrounding areas here in Nagareyama with my camera.  After failing to spot any old cars in the weeks previous I had given up seeing anything from the 70s let alone the 50s and 60s.  Then, only 5 minutes from my flat I spotted this beast!



Parked next to another imported car (a Jaguar... GO UK hahaha) was this monstrous Dodge.  I have no idea of the model, or even the age, but I would guess maybe early 1950s.  I've certainly never seen anything like it.
(Having done an internet search I can confirm that it's a Dodge Coronet from 1949.  On the bonnet there is a mascot in the shape of a ram's head.  This thing is built like a tank!)

So a success of a sort.  It's NOT Japanese, not even right hand drive, but it IS old, and it IS in Japan, so I suppose it counts as a Showa era car, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment