Monday 5 September 2011

New techniques for me.

I was reading some other car modelling blogs and a common theme was the finishing of the paint.  As recommended on some of these forums I sprayed the Publica with acrylic car paint: Vauxhall Reed Green.  This has left a rather rough surface which actually looks like a complete disaster.
The common wisdom seems to be to use car polishing techniques, such as paint restorer (T-Cut), very fine wet and dry paper and car polish.
So, I bought a tube of T-Cut, and some fine abrasive.  There is already car polish in the house.

So, even while the little Mazda R360 is nearing completion, I will be working on the Publica using this new technique.  Will it be a disaster, or an amazing success.  I will post the results here!

Back to the Mazda and it has had to have some repair work due to an accident with the Bare Metal Foil I use for chrome parts... it lifted paint at one point!  So even this little buggy will need some TLC with the polish and buffers.
I wonder if 1/24 cars are so problematic, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment