Saturday 10 September 2011

Mazda and people

Well, the bodyshell of the little Mazda R360's replacement is much better than the first version.  The shine is deeper and the red devoid of any tiny insectoid corpses this time!
As you can see I've picked out the vents with a black GUNDAM lining pen - designed for mecha models it works well on any model as a means of defining panels and vents.




In this closer image of the bonnet you can see that I sanded away the raised disc for the Mazda emblem.  This way the badge should now lie flat on the area and won't look unsightly.


Next, back to the chrome foil!

I also got a set of Fujimi bus guide, drivers and workmen figures.

The workmen are nice and generic, but unmistakably Japanese... but the bus driver and guide will be perfect for my Bonnet Bus, a model I intend to finish as a tour bus which visits haunted sites, loosely based on an Asahi TV series with a similar concept.

The figures are well-moulded and the faces (apart from the bus driver) well-sculpted and up to Tamiya or Masterbox standards.  Apart from the guide all of the figures have upper torsos in two halves... something you rarely see in modern figures.

More to follow...

2 comments:

  1. Hello i am from Russia
    i like Japanese 60's and 70's era models and etc
    let's be friends!!

    i am scalemodeller also and i love japanese Buses and Police cars of Showa era!
    Arii 1/32 and tomytec 1/150 my main Showa collection

    p.s This set looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sosezi: thanks for posting a comment on my little blog ^_^
    I am so happy to know that people are interested in similar models and the Showa era.

    I have a few Tomytec 1/150 Showa era vehicles... I got them to go with my Medicom Godzilla figures, which scale out at almost 1/150 scale so they are perfect.

    My biggest problem with modelling this era in 1/32 is the lack of suitable figures, so I have to be creative.

    ReplyDelete