Monday 15 August 2011

Showa era police officer.

Since one of my cars will be a Japanese police car I thought it would be an idea to have a copper or two to go with it.  Arii do a Japanese policeman as part of one of their 1/32 Showa diorama sets but saying he's terrible is being kind.  Truly awful would be a more accurate description.  The figures in these sets leave a lot to be desired.  Like the Aoshima samurai and Edo period figures they are pretty rough and probably very old.

So I thought about how to do it and came up with this combination of parts:
Tamiya:- US MP with service dress and boots
Hornet:- Asian heads set
Masterbox:- peaked cap from US officer.

I used a drill to bore out the figure's neck and glued in the Hornet head, which in turn had a lump of scalp taken off to allow the cap to fit.
I have a second one to make, but he will have a white helmet on rather than the cap.

Here is the first so far:



My primary reference for these are the Godzilla films of the 50s and early 60s.

No comments:

Post a Comment