Sunday 21 August 2011

Arii 1/32 1960 Mazda R360 kit - part 4

I've started on the decals and chrome trim of the car now.  Using Bare Metal Foil for the chrome parts, which I haven't used in a bit, so getting back into it... love this stuff!
The decals are a bit problematic as they are reluctant to come off the backing paper... but I got them off.  The 'M' logo for the bonnet was a pain... if I build another of these I'll sand the logo's base flush with the bonnet and just apply the decal to the flat surface.



I am still a long way from finishing the shell, but the little thing is starting to look like a car.
I made a licence plate up to match an old publicity photo of a real R360... not in this colour scheme but at least I know it matches the car type and era.


Hopefully by the end of the weekend I should have the chrome trim completed, lights painted, rubber seals painted and the other details done.
Then I can fix in the windscreen and, at long last, start painting the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment