Thursday 18 August 2011

Arii 1/32 1960 Mazda R360 kit - part 3

Well, I sprayed another coat of the Racing White and allowed the paint to dry for a full 24 hours.

Tamiya have supposedly changed the formula of their acrylic spray paint, and it was with some trepidation that I masked the roof off and sprayed it Humbrol Gloss Crimson, which is more maroon than anything else.  It was only when I got back inside and allowed the paint to dry that I noticed IT!
Here in Scotland we have a tiny mosquito-like insect called a Midge... one of the little buggers had landed on the roof at some point, got stuck in the soft paint and died.  After a few choice words I removed the tiny corpse and rubbed the resultant roughness down... and exposed the cream!
I then sprayed the roof maroon again after another 24 hour wait.

Here is the car as it stands now... looks rough, but the Bare Metal Foil and black seals around the windows will hide all of that.



While I wait for the main colours to harden properly I started painting the rest of the model.
Here are the window wipers and the wing mirror - I may cover the mirror in BMF (Bare Metal Foil) or leave it... not sure yet.



Next job is to paint the interior!

No comments:

Post a Comment