Saturday 2 February 2013

Last Lap and New Plans

A nice bright (cold) February morning and I am putting the finishing touches to the first of the Showa mini dioramas.  The telephone pole is in place, the ladder secured and a bucket of water ready for the owner of the unseen house to clean the dusty fence.
I still have the door handles to put onto the gate, some more weed to tie the bottom of the pole into the ground and paint the edge of the base black.









This is the figure which will be waiting outside the gate.  Originally a Masterbox Vietnamese girl, but in this scale she could easily pass for a Japanese girl of the 1960s...





And so the next diorama and car projects take their place in the queue.  Originally I was going to do the classic Mini in the camping site setting, but I still need better windows for the car, so it's been pushed back one.  The Airfix BMW Mini has taken its place.
The car will be parked up near in a small quiet road in Chiba Prefecture, Japan in the present day, and for accuracy's sake I have made up number plates for the area, based on a real car's plates.  I won't say what type or model.  I used the Fujimi 1/32 number plate making set of rub-down numbers and characters with plate decals.


I have also undercoated the Aurora Models figure I bought to go with the car...





I think painting her is going to be a fun job ^^

Just for interest's sake I compared the two Minis for size... the BMW version is a Mini in name only!



Finally I have started gathering references for the rural shrine I want to build.  I will have a section where cars up to Gloria size can be posed, making it larger than the others.  It's too easy to make these car bases cramped and unnatural.  Here are some of the models to feature in it:





I really need to get the Mazda's interior done this weekend, so fingers crossed I can get it done.

See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment