Thursday 21 March 2013

Next diorama

I had intended to have the Mini Cooper S mini-diorama at least started by now, but the Airfix model needs a lot of prep and I'm not really in the mood at the moment.  So I have decided to start work on a shrine diorama instead.  This one will fill an A4 size base and feature a couple of figures, a push-bike and a Honda Cub.
The models used are a mix of Verlinden Buddha statue and a water trough for cleaning the hands, Kirin stone lions... and a Torii I bought a few years ago, and can't remember where from, although it WAS from a Japanese website.  The Verlinden torii was pretty rough, and all I've used is the sign positioned in the centre of the structure where there is a post supporting the top beam.  There will also be some Aoshima diorama products from one of their Edo era sets.
It won't be based on any particular shrine, but will, for me, evoke the memories I had of all those wonderful places in Kamakura.

Vehicle-wise it will feature the pedal bike that I converted from a Tamiya German bike, a Diopark Honda Cub and possibly a three-wheeler, but I don't know yet.  Figures will be kitbashed, although the chap on the scooter may very well be a Diopark figure straight from the box... depends on the sculpting of the face... mine are still on the way from Japan.

I will post photos when I have a layout finalised... at the moment I'm just playing with ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment