Tuesday 20 December 2011

Found a Torii model

As you may recall I was less than impressed with the Verlinden Torii model, which, as a model, is a nightmare to put together and too small anyway.  I had planned to make my own from basswood and doweling but then I saw  one on Miniature Park's site.
This link takes you to the page, and it's the fourth item from the bottom.
http://www.miniature-park.com/search_result_e.php?search_maker_id=376&search_sort=&visible=&page=1

It's made by a company called Taisho Modelling and from what I can see is a good size and authentic in design.  Taisho also do a large stone lantern and a couple of Jizo, guardian deities for children.  If the Torii is as good as it looks I'll get these other items.  Modelling shrines and temples would give vehicles like small pick-ups somewhere interesting to be seen.

If I don't update this blog before it, Merry Christmas everyone, and to those who look in, a big thanks for taking the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment