Friday 30 December 2011

Last post for 2011

Well 2011 has been one hell of a year for several reasons... and I won't remind everyone about what they were. We all know.

It was a year of a few firsts for me: first (and last) time flying with Air France, first experience of an earthquake (only a 3.2 but still my first), and creating my first real blog (this one).

There were happy times: meeting up with friends after a long time, seeing the Great Buddha in Kamakura and the  ocean from there, and making new friends.  There were also sad times: my dad suffering a mild stroke (95% back to his normal self), losing an uncle and two aunties, and the fear that close friends and loved ones had died in the earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan (luckily they were safe).

And then there were the weird times... such as when the world was supposed to end in October.

So what will 2012 bring?
Belatedly I will be taking driving lessons in the spring (and maybe buying my own Japanese car).  I took lessons when I was 17 but failed the test.  I should have resat it but I was too depressed.
I will hopefully be going back to Japan in October (if the bottom doesn't fall out of the economy).
I also hope to actually finish a model, hahahaha

To all of you who drop by I would like to wish you a Happy New Year!
Here's to happier and more prosperous times!!

Iain

No comments:

Post a Comment