Saturday 8 October 2011

Viva!

I know it's not a Japanese car, but it IS 1/32 and it does come from the 60s so I'm including it here... what, you ask?  Well, I managed to get hold of an Airfix Vauxhall Viva HA.
This is a bagged 1960s version, but my kit is a 2006 reissue, moulded in boring grey... quite fitting for such a dull car.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but I'm happy to have got one.

The Viva HA was a small family saloon which was once very common on the streets of Britian, but in this form it lasted until 1967, when it was replaced by the more curvy HB.
The Viva van lasted until the late 70s and there were literally thousands of them running around until the late 80s.  They were, however, prone to rust and are a very rare site these days.

The model I bought was destined to be gutted and turned into a slot car, so I have rescued it from such a horrible and cruel fate, and it will now have a place in my collection the way Airfix intended!

This is what a Viva actually looked like... boring isn't it?


And the much more common van version:


Back to Japanese cars next time.  でわまた!

No comments:

Post a Comment