Friday 6 January 2012

Plants!

I recently discovered a Japanese company producing plants in 1/32-1/35 scales from etched paper.  They are called Kamizukuri and their selection are at this link to their homepage.  It's in Japanese but the pictures speak for themselves:
http://www.kamizukuri.jp/diorama/index.html

I ordered a few sets from Accurate Armour here in Scotland: Sakura blossom, weeds and generic tree leaves.  The Sakura are beautiful, and will add an extra dimension to my Japanese car bases.

The petals and leaves come on s sheet of paper which has been etched with a laser in a similar way to etched brass frets.  In some cases they need to be painted for added realism, but some are printed on coloured paper.

I will post pics of my efforts when I try a set out.

For readers in the UK you can get them here: http://www.accurate-armour.com/showarmdistproducts.cfm?manufacturer=42&cat=93&subcat=272
They aren't cheap, but they do look special and are far better than using sponge or flocking for leaves in this scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment