Sunday 4 August 2013

Flower Power

While trawling eBay mindlessly a couple of weeks ago I came across this:


What this is is a pack of plastic flowers in HO scale, or 1/87, produced by the German model railway scenery masters Busche. In fact Busche, Noch, Faller, Vollmer and Heki all produce some fantastic scenery products in both soft materials and as normal injection-moulded kits.
They are meant to be daisies, but compared to the woman on the box they appear rather large, so that got me thinking... how would they look in 1/32 or 1/35 scales?  So I bought a set...

What you get are 120 green plastic stems, all identical, and 60 yellow/60 white flowers with holes in the centre, fitting onto the top of the stem and so creating a flower which stands around 4mm tall, or around 140mm in 1/32.

I decided to try some out and used them on my Showa back street model... I like the effect...



I need to paint the centres yellow but I am more than happy with these.  I may buy more of these German products to add some life to my models.  I have a set of Lupins on the way too... although at less than half their intended size they might have to be something else...


No comments:

Post a Comment