Saturday 27 April 2013

Airfix Cortina photos

Much to my joy the Airifx Cortina had been sent by Next Day delivery, so it was waiting for me when I got home from work.  To see such a classic model still with the original 1960s header card/instructions was a real joy... and the mouldings are in wonderful condition.  Well, the windscreen is a bit pitted but I have Humbrol Clear, which is self-levelling... which means it can repair blemished clear model parts.  Happy days.

Here are some photos of the model... it had been started by the owner, but luckily they knew what they were doing... unlike the owner of the first Zodiac I bought.










When I eventually build this model I will finish it as a Cortina GT, allowing me to use a different colour scheme... not too fond of white cars, and all Lotus Cortinas were white with that green flash down the side.

1 comment:

  1. Great kit. Not all lotus cortina were white with green strip.

    ReplyDelete