Saturday 20 April 2013

A Hard-working Land Rover

Away from family or popular cars and here is a civilian Land Rover Series 3 I'm working on.  It's a hybrid of the reissued/slightly retooled Italeri Land Rover and an Azimut cab/88" conversion set.  With the conversion set (which is intended for the Tamiya Series 2 'Pink Panther' kit) contains cab, shortened rear wings, civilian rear cross-member, doors and windscreen, and also includes a section of rear chassis and smaller items for the interior and rear cross-member.
Since I used the Italeri kit I decided to only use the cab, rear wings and cut-down rear chassis.  So, the Italeri kit:


Becomes this:



It certainly makes for a very interesting variation on a theme.  I have since given the vehicle a base coat of Tamiya Olive Drab...





I had thought of a blue finish, but there is a rather sad green 109" Land Rover down the road from where I live that I thought I would base the weathering and finish on that vehicle.  This will take some time to complete and will have a small scenic base to set it off (hopefully with one or two figures to give it context).
The rear will have clutter and dust, as will the cab, and there will be an orange lamp added to the roof.  If it turns out as I hope, I will create a similar look on an Arii Honda T360.


No comments:

Post a Comment