Monday 9 January 2012

Plants: Sakura part 2

I made up a second cherry tree and then painted them both a dark brown.  Here is one of them:
The flash makes is seem lighter.
I then added the blossom and leaves to one of the trees.  I have only completed one branch so far.  I need to add more detail to blossom stems, I should have done that before I added them... oops!
I have some Copic markers on the way and these should allow me to colour the leaves and stems without them looking too flat and lifeless.
I also made up a small shrub and added the 'Brush' leaves to that as an experiment.  It looks pretty good and once added to a display base with other trees and diorama models it should add some extra level of detail.
I like it.

Next update will have the completed cherry tree.  After that I will start work on the first base for the Japanese cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment